At Slotegraaf Construction our mission is to build and renovate living spaces for our clients while providing an enjoyable experience characterized by personalized design, experienced planning, high quality products and skilled craftmanship. The Exterior Finish Crew Lead is responsible for managing a specific function in the construction project ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner with a high standard of workmanship and provide a positive construction experience for the customer. Apply Now.
Responsibilities and Duties
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Lead an exterior finishing crew of 2-4 installers and provide training as needed to drive productivity.
· Evaluate and prepare surfaces for siding installation, including weatherproofing, flashings, and strapping as needed.
· Skillfully install various types of wall cladding (wood, aluminum, vinyl, and extira)
· Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency with crew members and the site Construction Manager.
· Effective onsite communications and progress reporting to the site Construction Manager.
· In consultation with the Manager of Construction, identify manpower requirements and scheduling needs to guarantee quality.
· Ensure equipment and tools are identified and on-site as needed and maintained in a safe operational condition.
· Resolve any on-site conflicts quickly and amicably.
· Confirm compliance with health and safety training and reporting requirements.
· Contribute to the maintenance and safety of the job site.
· Help create a positive team that enthusiastically works to achieve the objectives of the project and SCI.
Qualifications and Skills:
· A solid understanding of modern exterior cladding.
· 5 years experience of install wood siding, vinyl siding and aluminum soffit and fascia
· 1-2 years experience supervising staff with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and provide leadership.
· Ability to read blueprints, field drawings and plans.
· Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
· First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
· Professional appearance and strong work ethic
· WHMIS, Working at Heights, Elevated Lift and other typical safety certifications.
· Physically fit, able to lift up to 50 pounds and able to work at heights.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
· Able to effectively communicate.
· Able to work well under pressure.
· Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
We offer full-time employment, competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to build and renovate beautiful custom homes.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter including wage expectations.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.